July 4th, 2015
Soho Taco takes its customer’s privacy seriously. Any info that we receive will be safely guarded and will only be shared within our company on a need-to-know basis. We will not sell, rent or share your confidential information with third parties or use your email for unsolicited messages.
In order to assist potential catering customers visualize our services in action, we offer private tastings where one of our gourmet taco catering carts is fully assembled and our skilled cooks prepare meals for a fixed number of guests. There is a nominal, non-refundable fee for this service which is by appointment only basis. Please ask your friendly event coordinator for details.
Simply making any kind of inquiry on our website by email, the catering request form, the contact us form, etc. will not create any kind of binding catering contract. Our service will only be secured when we receive the deposit, a signed copy of our Disclosure and Terms of Service, and you receive a booking confirmation from our event coordinator.
In order to secure an event, a non-refundable deposit of 30% of the estimated total bill or $300 (whichever is greater) will be required.
Final Payment must be processed two (2) weeks prior to the event. IMPORTANT: Should the afore-mentioned payment method be returned insufficient and/or declined, we reserve the right to use any valid credit card on file to pay for the entire amount due.
There are no cancellations due to weather and the deposit is non-refundable. We will provide service rain or shine. Moreover, the full booking fee is non-refundable for events cancelled within 2 weeks of the event.
We will provide service regardless of weather conditions (ie. rain or shine, high winds, extreme heat or cold, etc) and inclement conditions will not result in any discounts, abatements or price reductions. In the event of inclement weather, customers with outdoor events shall provide overhead shelter for the set up area. We reserve the right to stop or cancel service should the weather pose a potential danger to the crew, equipment or guests. Every effort will be made to continue service, including taking extra reasonable breaks in the event of extreme heat. However, safety is paramount in all decisions. No contractual obligations, including compensation, will not be affected by such cancellation.
In the event of cancellation within 2 weeks of the event, it is within our exclusive discretion to reschedule the date and time and/or apply deposit money already paid.
FINAL GUEST COUNT
Guest count must be finalized two (2) weeks prior to the event date. After that time, you are welcome to add items to your order and we will do our best to accommodate your requests depending on time and product constraints. But, no reductions will be allowed after the final payment is processed.
SERVICE CHARGE & GRATUITIES
We charge a 16% to 18% Service Charge (depending on amount of staffing needed) on every event in order to cover labor, administration, insurance and permits. At the client’s discretion, any extra tips or gratuity will go directly to the service staff.
In order to offset the cost of transportation, our invoices and proposals will include a travel fee which may vary depending on current fuel costs and distance traveled from our principle headquarters in the City of Santa Ana.
RETURNED ITEM / CHECK FEE
Items or checks returned unpayable will be assessed a $30.00 per item charge.
SET UP & BREAKDOWN
We will be ready to serve at the start time agreed upon. We advise permitting access to the venue at least 90 minutes before the scheduled service time and 60 minutes after for set up and breakdown. Direct access for carts and staff to the service area is required and is a must.
- Idle Time – If the event is already in progress and set up of the taco cart would disturb the event, then a mandatory idle time fee will be enforced and invoiced.
- Space/Stairs – If the venue has no adequate space to set up or there are undisclosed steps, we will try to make the best decisions to continue with the service and customer may be subject to per step fees (please see “Working Conditions” below). We reserve the right to refuse service if we find that the space and/or steps prevent the safe transport of our gear and taco carts.
- Customer Delays – We will not be responsible for a delayed service start time if the customer, his or her representative, Event Coordinator, Event Planner etc., fails to provide adequate space, direct access or fails to disclose the presence of stairs or steps
CATERING SERVICE ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT
- Unless agreed otherwise, we will provide at least 2 hours of service.
- The customer is responsible for making sure a reasonably safe, secure, level and spacious area will be made available for, and accessible by, the taco cart. For safety reasons, we CANNOT bring our carts up nor down more than five (5) steps. Please see “Working Conditions” below regarding per step charges.
- No homemade products can be cooked on our carts.
- All permit requirements for outdoor service (ie. parks, beaches, public areas) are the customer’s responsibility.
- CONTAINERS: It is the customer’s responsibility to provide “to go”or “leftover” containers. For a nominal fee, SOHO TACO can provide containers for leftovers on the day of the event.
If on the day of the event additional hours are requested that exceed the contracted time frame, the customer will be charged $300.00 per hour, payable the day of the event. Whether or not the additional time is granted is completely within our discretion and may be denied if it’s deemed to be not feasible.
Customer shall provide safe and appropriate working conditions. This includes a 10 ft x 10 ft work area and that a reasonably safe, secure, level and spacious area will be made available for, and accessible by our crew. If there are ANY undisclosed steps (regardless of number, size or width) along the pathway to access the setup area, we reserve the right to either charge a $20 per step fee or cancel the service altogether. All booking fees are non refundable.
THREATS TO SAFETY
If at any time there is any threat or implied threat of injury or harm to any of our staff or any equipment we reserve the right to cease service. If the customer is unable to resolve the threatening situation within a maximum of 15 minutes, we reserve the right to cease service all together. Customer shall be responsible for payment in full, regardless of whether or not the situation is resolved or whether or not we resume service. In order to prevent equipment damage or liability arising from accidental injury to any individual attending this event, we reserve the right to deny any guest service.
CARTS: Unassembled & if you’re standing next to the cart facing the cooks, each cart measures 28 inches from front to back and 3 feet wide from left to right. Fully assembled, it measures 4 feet long from front to back, 7 feet wide from left to right and 6 feet high. However, a cubic area of 7 feet (7′ x 7′ x 7′) is needed for the work area and to accommodate the rooftop awning.
TRUCK: The food truck measures 22 feet long from front to back, 8 feet 4 inches wide and 9 feet 6 inches high if the vent doors on top are closed. If the doors are open for service, they each add 4 foot 4 inches to the width measured from the passenger side.