Get ready to amaze your guests with these seven authentic cinco de mayo recipes, especially if they LOVE tacos!
Did you know that Cinco De Mayo is not Mexicos Independence day? It’s actually when the Battle of Puebla was won on 5/5/1867.
In the United States, Cinco De Mayo is celebrated by many people.
It’s a great excuse to drink some beer AKA cerveza or a margarita and eat delicious tacos.
Get ready to amaze your guests with these five authentic Cinco de Mayo recipes, especially if they LOVE tacos!
Authentic Cinco De Mayo Recipes
Who doesn’t love a good reason to enjoy some delicious Mexican food? We gathered some authentic Cinco De Mayo recipes for you to try out with some amigos.
Making memories with your friends will last a lifetime!
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- salt & black pepper
Crispy Tortilla Ingredients:
- Vegetable oil for frying or any frying oil
- 6 white corn tortillas
- Sour cream
- Mix the chicken, lime juice, oil, cilantro, salt & pepper in a small bowl
- Cover and set aside
- Pour the frying oil into a large heavy bottomed pot
- Place over medium heat and heat to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Add one tortilla at a time and fry until golden brown and crispy
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined pan and sprinkle with salt
- Evenly mound the chicken on each tortilla and top with lettuce, avocado, salsa, and sour cream
- Garnish with scallions and cilantro
Coconut Lime Black Beans
- 2 cups dried black beans (rinsed)
- 2 cups coconut water
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 2 green onions sliced
- Soak the beans overnight covered in cold water
- Drain the beans and move to a large saucepan. Cover with 3 cups of cold water, the coconut water, and 2 teaspoons salt.
- Set on the stove over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 2 minutes then turn heat down to low, cover and cook until tender. (Average 30-45 minutes)
- Once tender add the coconut oil, lime juice and season with salt and pepper
- Garnish with the green onions
Did Anyone Say Guac?
This recipe is for an exquisite Margarita Guacamole. Yes, it does have tequila.
- 3 avocados
- 1/4 cup diced scallions
- 1/2 cup diced plum tomato
- Chopped cilantro
- 1 diced jalapeno
- 1/2 Orange
- 3 tablespoons Tequila
- Mash the avocados in a small bowl
- Stir in scallions, plum tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeno
- Add the zest and juice of a lime, juice of the orange, and tequila
Pinto Bean Salsa Salad
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 1/2 lines (juiced)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 can pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 1/3 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 diced orange or yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 chopped small red onion
- Salt & black pepper
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 small avocado
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Smash the garlic clove in a small bowl and sprinkle with a pinch of salt
- With the flat side of a knife mash it into a coarse paste
- Whisk the garlic paste, lime juice, remaining salt and chili powder in a bowl
- Gradually whisk in the olive oil
- Toss the beans, corn, bell pepper and onions in a bowl
- Add the dressing and toss to coat evenly
- Fold in the tomatoes, avocado, and cilantro
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 lime
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- splash of water
- Heat up a spoonful of oil on medium-high heat
- Saute 1 cup of rice in the saucepan until lightly browned
- Add 2 cups of stock and 1/2 teaspoon salt to the rice
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a light simmer
- Simmer until liquid is absorbed
- Turn off heat and cover
- Let rice sit in its own steam for a few minutes
- Rinse 1/2 bunch of cilantro (remove the bottom stems) and add to a blender along with 2 tablespoons lime juice and 1 garlic clove
- Add a couple of water tablespoons and blend all the ingredients together
- Add the lime cilantro mixture to the cooked rice and mix thoroughly
Chicken Tinga Tacos
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sliced white onion
- 4 sliced garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 can tomato puree (14 ounces)
- 1 oregano sprig
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 1/2 pounds skinless whole chicken legs
- 12 flour tortillas (5″)
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- salt & pepper
- Cilantro, lime wedges and sliced onion for toppings
- In a large cast-iron casserole heat the oil
- Add the onion, garlic, cumin, and coriander
- Cook over moderately high heat until the onion is softened
- Add the stock, tomato puree, oregano, and bay leaves and bring to a boil
- Add the chicken and partially cover
- Simmer until cooked (35-40 minutes)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Fold the tortillas in half and stuff them in between the cups of an inverted muffin top to form shells
- Bake 15 minutes until crisp
- Favorite boxed brownies
- 3/4 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dulce de leche ice cream
- Prepare your favorite boxed or homemade brownies
- Add the chile pepper and cinnamon to the batter
- Bake according to box
- Top each Mexican brownie with a scoop of dulce de leche ice cream and sprinkle with cinnamon
Ready for a Fiesta?
If you are not feeling hungry by now you must have just eaten! All of the recipes above will make your friends and your belly happy.
This year you can enjoy a delicious meal with these Cinco De Mayo recipes. But if you want to give the hassle of cooking to someone else make sure you contact us we’d love to help!
SOHO TACO Promo Video
Please CLICK HERE to view video on YouTube.
Request a Free Quote!
Please click above
and visit our no obligation
catering request form today!