TERMS OF SERVICE
Soho Taco takes its customer’s privacy seriously. Any info that we receive will be safely guarded and will only be shared within our company on a need-to-know basis. We will not sell, rent or share your confidential information with third parties or use your email for unsolicited messages.
Once a month, usually on the third Sunday, SOHO TACO proudly opens its doors to prospective and existing clients to Tasting Day. On this day samples of appetizers, tacos, desserts and aguas frescas are provided for one flat fee. Please contact your friendly event coordinator for current pricing and dates.
Simply making any kind of inquiry on our website by email, the catering request form, the contact us form, etc. will not create any kind of binding catering contract. Our service will only be secured when we receive the deposit, a signed copy of our Disclosure and Terms of Service, and you receive a booking confirmation from our event coordinator.
In order to secure an event, a non-refundable deposit of 50% of the estimated total bill or $300 (whichever is greater) will be required.
Final Payment must be processed two (2) weeks prior to the event and is completely non-refundable.
IMPORTANT: We reserve the right to use any valid credit card on file to pay for the entire amount due.
There are no cancellations due to weather and the deposit is non-refundable. We will provide service rain or shine. Moreover, for events cancelled within 2 weeks of the scheduled date the full booking fee is completely non-refundable and we reserve the right to reschedule, if at all.
We will provide service regardless of weather conditions (ie. rain or shine, high winds, extreme heat or cold, etc) and inclement conditions will not result in any discounts, abatements or price reductions. In the event of inclement weather, customers with outdoor events shall provide overhead shelter for the set up area. We reserve the right to stop or cancel service should the weather pose a potential danger to the crew, equipment or guests. Every effort will be made to continue service, including taking extra reasonable breaks in the event of extreme heat. However, safety is paramount in all decisions. No contractual obligations, including compensation, will not be affected by such cancellation.
In any case of rescheduling, it is within our exclusive discretion to do so for an alternate and available date within one (1) year of the originally scheduled event. Current market pricing and prevailing invoice policies will apply to the future date. Rescheduled event must be reasonably similar to the original one and cannot be divided to smaller separate occasions. We further reserve the right to apply any deposit money already paid and/or request additional deposit to reserve the future alternate date.
COVID 19: In addition to the foregoing, in the event of rescheduling due to COVID19 mandates or restrictions, it is within our exclusive discretion to do so for an alternate and available date within (2) years of originally scheduled event.
FINAL GUEST COUNT
Guest count must be finalized two (2) weeks prior to the event date. After that time, you are welcome to add items to your order and we will do our best to accommodate your requests depending on time and product constraints. But, no reductions will be allowed after the final payment is processed.
MINIMUM BOOKING REQUIREMENTS
In order to assure the best possible food and service each catering comes with minimum booking requirement for the following:
- Guest counts per package
- Invoice amounts for catering, drop off & pick up packages
- Mileage for travel fees
Please ask your friendly representative about these minimums. These requirements apply at all times and non-taco items (ie. appetizers, aguas frescas, extra condiments, etc) do not count towards the minimum.
18% gratuity is automatically added to all on site catering invoices. At the client’s discretion, any added tips or gratuity will go directly to the service staff.
In order to offset the cost of transportation, our invoices and proposals will include a travel fee which may vary depending on current fuel costs and distance traveled from our principle headquarters in the City of Santa Ana.
BUSINESS PERMITS & LICENSES
Customers are responsible for any fees needed to apply or renew any business licenses or permits needed in order for SOHO TACO to perform its services. SOHO TACO will gladly submit the needed application and file the supporting paperwork, but customers should reimburse any and all fees incurred.
VENUE TOURS OR WALK-THROUGHS
If a venue requires a tour of the facilities or to conduct a “walk-through” prior to the event we strongly encourage the submission of site maps, diagrams, photos and videos. However, if a visit is required nonetheless, we would be happy to do so as part of the service charge for locations within 20 miles from our offices in Santa Ana CA. Any distance further than 20 miles from our offices in Santa Ana CA may incur hourly and/or mileage rates.
SOHO TACO’s liability is limited to what is covered under the invoice, these terms of service or any other written or electronic agreement. Under no circumstances will we be liable for any verbal promises, acts/omissions by third parties or anything outside the course and scope of our products and services. This includes, but is not limited to, informal conversations, 3rd party staffing services, etc.
RETURNED ITEM / CHECK FEE
Items or checks returned unpayable will be assessed a $30.00 per item charge.
SET UP & BREAKDOWN
We will be ready to serve at the start time agreed upon. We advise permitting access to the venue/location 60-90 minutes before, in case of an earlier arrival. At the conclusion of the event, the breakdown process will take about 30-60 minutes. Direct access for carts and staff to the service area is required and is a must.
- Idle Time – If the event is already in progress and set up of the taco cart would disturb the event, then a mandatory idle time fee will be enforced and invoiced.
- Space/Stairs – If the venue has no adequate space to set up or there are undisclosed steps, we will try to make the best decisions to continue with the service and customer may be subject to per step fees (please see “Working Conditions” below). We reserve the right to refuse service if we find that the space and/or steps prevent the safe transport of our gear and taco carts.
- Customer Delays – We will not be responsible for a delayed service start time if the customer, his or her representative, Event Coordinator, Event Planner etc., fails to provide adequate space, direct access or fails to disclose the presence of stairs or steps.
CATERING SERVICE ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT
- Arrival time can be approximately 60 minutes prior to the event time.
- Please note that our packages are not “all you can eat”. Unless agreed otherwise, service will be for two (2) hours or when food runs out, whichever occurs first.
- The customer is responsible for making sure a reasonably safe, secure, level and spacious area will be made available for, and accessible by, the taco cart. For safety reasons, we CANNOT bring our carts up nor down more than five (5) steps. Please see “Working Conditions” below regarding per step charges.
- No homemade products can be cooked on our carts.
- All permit requirements for outdoor service (ie. parks, beaches, public areas) are the customer’s responsibility.
- CONTAINERS: Containers will be provided for leftovers on the day of the event, except for any beverages (ie. aguas frescas or champurrado).
- RAW LEFTOVERS: For health and safety reasons we are unable to leave raw meats or seafood as leftovers. At the end of service, any extra meats & seafood must be fully cooked by SOHO TACO staff prior to being left with the customer.
- APPETIZER TRANSITION TIME: If appetizers are part of the event, we will need approximately 30 minutes between appetizer time and taco service
If on the day of the event additional hours are requested that exceed the contracted time frame, the customer will be charged $350.00 per hour, payable the day of the event. Whether or not the additional time is granted is completely within our discretion and may be denied if it’s deemed to be not feasible.
CALIFORNIA BREAK LAWS
Although it is our absolute priority to provide all customers with the best, uninterrupted service possible, it is also our company policy to keep the best interests of our employees in mind. To that end, customer shall acknowledge:
- All employees must receive a thirty (30) minute lunch or meal break for every five (5) hours of work in a day.
- Employees are also entitled to ten (10) minutes of rest period for each four (4) hours of work in a day.
- If an employee is unable to take their break due to a customer’s special request or responsibility, SOHO TACO has the discretion to charge the customer accordingly.
Customer shall provide safe and appropriate working conditions. This includes a 10 ft x 10 ft work area and that a reasonably safe, secure, level and spacious area will be made available for, and accessible by our crew. If there are ANY undisclosed steps (regardless of number, size or width) along the pathway to access the setup area, we reserve the right to either charge a $20 per step fee or cancel the service altogether. All booking fees are non refundable.
THREATS TO SAFETY
If at any time there is any threat or implied threat of injury or harm to any of our staff or any equipment we reserve the right to cease service. If the customer is unable to resolve the threatening situation within a maximum of 15 minutes, we reserve the right to cease service all together. Customer shall be responsible for payment in full, regardless of whether or not the situation is resolved or whether or not we resume service. In order to prevent equipment damage or liability arising from accidental injury to any individual attending this event, we reserve the right to deny any guest service.